Log directory is not writable - please CHMOD ../../buckles_plugins/log/logs to 777
 Home
 Photo Gallery
 Forum
 Events Calendar
 Buckle Glossary

Special thanks to
David Stoecklein for
allowing us to use photos
from his great book on
western buckles.

Click the picture above to order this book or many other Dave Stoecklein books
Username:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
Buckles.com :: Forums :: Buckles :: General Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
fake hollands
Moderators: Robert, buckleman, bucklesadmin
Author Post
bob_w
Mon May 09 2016, 04:50PM
Registered Member #62

hello to all,

first let me say thank you for this site.  from my "end" there were several days to a week or so that i could not find the site.  wow.  talk about missing a reference.  so again thank you for being here.

i am trying to organize my collection so that it is not just an accumulation.  with that in mind i just purchased a set that looks like a holland's but is not stamped as such.  if you go to "ranger sets", page 2 (ruler at the top of the page on page 2), it is marked #1C, "fake hollands".  there are interesting details.  the keepers and the tip are indeed one piece and die struck.  well executed on the sides and top of the keepers and the top of the tip.  now the buckle is a different beast.  the base appears to be die struck but without the ornaments.  the ornaments appear to have been struck and then silver soldered to the buckle.  i have seen gold ornaments laid on top of silver in the nelson sets but this is the first i have seen silver on silver.

since the publication of the sets has there been any information on who might have made these?

best regards,

bob w.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF